What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you use our services by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email, and other personal information. Your email address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the email address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our service offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information (including marketing information), notifications that you request about changes to topics, or in response to your user name, responses to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
What is your data retention policy?
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, or conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. All third parties who are given access to confidential information, or required to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) with us. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our site. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Expeerience Data Controller
This policy is effective as of 1 March, 2021.